Facebook Page: .https://www.facebook.com/ctradepvtltdnepal
Invitation to Attend Training Course on Data Management & Analysis Using SPSS
CTRaDe, Coalition for Training Research and Development (CTRaDe) Pvt. Ltd, a multi-sectoral company, offers the best expertise, excellence and scalable services in multi thematic areas It works with multi sectoral agencies to provide technical support on capacity building of different organizations including Academic Institutions, Civil Society Organizations and Local Governments in Nepal. Further, CTRaDesupports on development intervention to engage the private sector to scale up the impact.
Currently CTRaDe has launched TRAINING on DATA MANAGEMENT & ANALYSIS USING SPSS
2. Course Objectives and Expected Outcomes
This training program attempts to address and resolve major practical problems arising in handling raw data and interpreting the results thereof. The entire training program has been created with the following objectives.
- Developing and enhancing skills in data management, processing, application and interpretation through SPSS.
- Keeping balance between theory (lectures) &practical (computer-based)
- Adopting learning by doing approach in a very conducive environment
Expected outcomes: Upon completion of the training program, participants are expected to develop skills on
- Able to design pre-coded questionnaire for survey
- Able to create a data file and enter the data into SPSS
- Able to transfer the data from excel file to SPSS
- Able to merge the data
- Management of variables and large mass of data in computer.
- Able to generate one-way and two-way frequency tables and interprets them
- Able to compute summary measures – mean, mode, median, standard deviation, quartile, and percentile – and interpret them
- Able to draw charts and diagrams
3.Who Should Attend
The participants should have at least a Bachelor Degree in any discipline and should be computer-literate and have the knowledge of basic statistics. Should have personal laptop. Especially course will benefit to Academicians (Lecturers & Professors), professionals, Data Management Officials, M&E Officers, Master Degree & Ph. D. Students.
4. Course Content
The training will cover the following main topics;
Contents of the Program
The coverage of this training program is described below
- Introduction about SPSS
- Measurement and Scale
- Transferring and organizing data into computer
- Creating data files
- Import data from excel
➢ Data Management (5 hours)
- Preliminary analysis
- Combining two or more data files
- Sorting and splitting the data files
- Transformation of variables
- Computing new variable by combining two or more variables o Recoding/ Grouping the data
- Selecting the cases
- Handling of missing data
- Data cleaning & checking consistency
➢ Analysis (6 hours)
- Univariate analysis
- Frequency and percentage analysis
- Mean, median, standard deviation, minimum, maximum, percentile
- Bivariate Analysis (Chi-square, t-test, ANOVA)
- Cross Tabulation and its significance
- Comparison of means and its significance
- Analysis of qualitative data
- Analyses of data measured in Likert Scale
o Analysis of data measured in different points of scale ✓ Regression Analysis (slightly advance)
o Simple linear regression
o Binomial logistic regression
|✓ Management of output table|
|➢||Data visualization||(3.5 hours)|
|➢||Review and||(30 Min)|
5. Course Fee, Registration and Course Facilitation
Date: To Be Confirmed
Time: 5:30: 8.00 PM
Total hour (21 hours)
Videos tutorial:500/- added on fee
(10 % Discount for early registration
(15% discount for group registration fee)
For Registration please follow the following link https://forms.gle/X5cEQwpYrs2rxNgc6
Course Facilitation will be done by an experienced statistician cum Data Analyst with well-versed research, Data Management, and Analysis including the KOBO toolbox, STATA and worked with multiple agencies government and non-government organizations for many years.
Training methodology will include; brainstorming, group discussions, demonstration and exercise. Total duration will be 7 days approximately 2.5 hours a day.
6. Confirmation and Modality of Payment
For confirmation, you need to pay the fee while registering. For payment options, you can transfer the amount to Bank Account No 013010020000132 of the Coalition for Training Research and Development Pvt Ltd at Sanima Bank. You can also scan the QR code and pay the fee directly to company account via online (fone pay). We would like to request you to upload the screenshot of the payment in the application form as requested or send the screenshot of payment through the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course copy right: Coalition for Training Research and Development Pvt Ltd ,2020